...this blog kills fascists...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Time to Go Home

A brief musical interlude for y'all. Michael Franti & Spearhead, a man and band that are doing wonderful things, and making some crazy-good music with a full appreciation for the weight of our times. Time to Go Home, from the album Yell Fire. A great political statement and a great song at the same time. That's a difficult balance to achieve, but one which Spearhead does time and time again.

Dig.



Michael's a true blue activist (and actually, I'd written about him here quite some time ago....worth a read if you're interested). I'd also reccomend the documentary he made while in the Middle East a few years back, I Know I'm Not Alone. In addition to being a really interesting and hopeful film, that also happens to be pretty fine song from Yell Fire in its own right.



Enjoy. Spread the word if you like it.

And just for a bonus, here's a shot of Obama getting slipped Yell Fire by a supporter and Spearhead fan:


OBAMA'S ABOUT TO YELL FIRE!
I had the opportunity to meet Senator Obama the other day and decided to purchase a Yell Fire CD as a gift, hoping it would inspire him the way it did me.... Dave Doebler, Spearhead Fan
I can't explain to y'all how much I hope Barack gave that disc a good listen. Y'all, too.

0 comments: to “ Time to Go Home

Post a Comment


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com